Name:
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, United States

I am many things. A woman, a wife, a mom, a teacher, a student, a traveler, an artist. But, I figured something out a long time ago. The Identity into which I fit all other identities is Child of God, or Christian. It is the only identity which truly defines me. It is the only identity of mine that will never change, despite the seasons of my life.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Broken arm, birthday and 4th of July!

So, about a month ago, my husband taught our kids how to jump off the swing at the park. My mom flew out here to take care of my sister's kids back in June, and offered (bless her!) to keep our boys overnight at their cousins. Well, the cousins have a swing in their backyard - not a playground swing with nice soft mulch underneath. A wooden swing hanging from a tree, with hard ground underneath and a firepit nearby. Not that that would be a problem for the typical swinging child. But, remember, my husband taught our kids to jump OFF swings. Long story short, Sylas was standing on the swing, and jumped off, hit the edge of the firepit, and broke his arm. This occurred 3 days before Brent & I left for Sonoma, so my mom had to take him to get his cool red cast.

Brent & I enjoyed a 4-day pastor's retreat to sunny Sonoma, CA last month, then jumped right back into action when we got home, planning a birthday party for Sylas. He turned 4 on the 1st, and had about 18 kids come to his party at a park after church. It was one of the most fun days of his life!

Brent's parents flew in on the 2nd for a too-short 5 day visit. On the 4th, we went to a block party-type barbecue at Dan's house. They rented a bouncy house, popcorn maker & sno-cone machine for the kids, and the guys put on probably the best amateur fireworks show I've seen. Thanks, Uncle Sam, for giving us a reason to party!



All caught up for another month or so, for the 2 people who read this blog. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Beckers said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 10, 2007 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger The Beckers said...

Who's the other person??:-) Don't forget you have a birthday coming up soon!!! Hope you get to do something fun!

July 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home